Thread: xpPhone a MID phone equipped with Windows XP

xpPhone a MID phone equipped with Windows XP

Windows XP on a phone? It is betting that tries to raise the Chinese company in Technology Group, which presents at the Computex the first prototypes of its "xpPhone", one halfway between the mobile phone and MID (Mobile Internet Device ). A slightly more bulky smartphone, it loads a standard Windows XP, plus an overlay software for the management of mobile telephony. The main advantage, according to the manufacturer, is the ability to interface directly with the mobile contacts address book to Outlook.

With a weight of about 400 grams, xpPhone revolves around a mobile AMD processor board and may, optionally, a hard drive or a memory module Flash SSD. Equipped with a touchscreen of 4.8 inches with a resolution of 400 x 840 pixels, it embeds a chip allowing it to connect to almost all mobile networks, including GPRS, of the edge, or different versions of 3G, including CDMA or EVDO. Compatible WiFi and Bluetooth, the xpPhone also has an integrated GPS.

Behind the screen takes up a sliding keyboard, complete with a tiny touch pad for control of the mouse. Note the presence of a standard USB port, allowing for example to connect a mouse to xpPhone. According to the manufacturer, the device offers a range of five hours of talk time, five days n standby and up to seven hours in the case of the type "Desktop".

For the moment, difficult to get a retail price the firm is looking for distributors, and the final price will depend on the agreements it comes to pass with them. According to its representatives, it would be plausible to expect a price of around 400 or 500 dollars.

Re: xpPhone a MID phone equipped with Windows XP

Hey that's a nice piece of information dude.
    I think this is a nice mobile phone with XP as a OS for a AMD processor.
    I would definitely would love to see it since I ama fan of XP OS.