Thread: How to connect Dell Latitude to Panasonic TV

How to connect Dell Latitude to Panasonic TV

hello everyone,

I have a Dell Latitude D630 Laptop. I want to connect my dell laptop to a Panasonic TV (big flat screen) so that I can enjoy watching my DVD movies on the bigger screen. Please suggest your ideas and information regarding the setup, drivers and downloads.....

thnx

Re: How to connect Dell Latitude to Panasonic TV

First of all, you will need a video cable for making the physical connection between a laptop and a television. Most of the computers use an S-Video port but I would suggest you for the standard VGA ports or via the DVI to HDMI cable for better picture quality, provided your TV must support these ports.

Open the "display settings" in your laptop and activate output to the TV screen. You can either mirror content your laptop on the TV or just extend the display as a dual monitor screen.

Now, using your TV remote, switch to "External Inputs" from the menu. You will need to change the default "Video 1" to a different selection which may be "HDMI 1" or "Video 2" depending on how you have made the connection.
    You may also need to change the screen resolution of your TV using the Display settings in your Control Panel else the picture may appear distorted.

Check whether you TV supports VGA input. If so, then you can simply buy any old-fashion monitor cable from the market and connect your laptop to the TV just as you would connect it to any external monitor.
    You could set your display to 1280x720 or maybe 1920x1080 and play your favorite movies on the bigger screen same as you would on external monitor.

Just purchase a compatible video cable to connect your Dell laptop and your Panasonic TV and after connecting it, use the combination of Fn + F7 to switch between the different displays. There should be an indicator printed on the appropriate key.