Thread: How to create ringtones on iTunes

How to create ringtones on iTunes

Hi, i am a Apple iphone user and i am even good aware of iTunes store. One of my friend use make ringtones for his iPhone on itunes. It is really interesting. i am here for the same. Could any of you guys make me know how to create iphone ringtones for iTunes ? Please help..

Re: How to create ringtones on iTunes

With the release of iTunes 8 - which brought with it Genius Playlists - creating iPhone ringtones has once again become a painless process.As it turns out in a few steps you can actually convert a DRM-free song into a ringtone using only iTunes in Windows. Anyways, follow this simple steps to create ringtones on iTunes:-

1. Start iTunes and right click on the song you want to make ringtone and Select “Get Info”

2. Go to the options tab and go down to the “Start Time” and “Stop Time” check boxes. Check both boxes and input the time you want your ringer to start/stop. The ringer has to be 30 seconds or less. Click OK when you’re done.

3. Now click on “Advanced” in your menu bar and Select “Create AAC Version” or “Create Apple Lossless Version”

4. After the song is done encoding navigate to your iTunes Music folder, locate your song, and drag it to your desktop. After the song is on your desktop go back to iTunes and delete the clipped version from you iTunes library

5. On your Desktop, rename the file with the “.m4r” file extension.now this file will compatible to your iPhone.After the extension is changed simply double click on the file to add it to your iTunes library under the ringtones section.

6. You should see your new ringtone under “Ringtones” in iTunes. Thats it...

Keep in mind that iTunes will allow you to create a ringtone from a song downloaded through the iTunes Music Store, but those ringtones come with fees… and no one likes fees. The trick also works for Mac users, but using GarageBand is a lot simpler so we’re focusing primarily on the Windows side.If you’re a Mac owner you can use GarageBand, but Apple doesn’t provide that application on Windows.

Remember to go back into iTunes and uncheck your custom start and stop times for the original version of your song.At first it would not show up in the iTunes ringtones section. It turns out you can’t just edit the file name and affix .m4r at the end.