Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-05-2009

How to hide folders in USB drive

I carry a USB pen drive with my many important files and folders. Well, i have a situation where i can not protect it encrypting the data, locking the drive and all. Because there some seniors you have to use my pen drive. So what i need is to hide folders or files like we do on computers. I dont know, is it possible or not but that is what i need. Can any one help me out in this case ?
Old 29-05-2009

Re: How to hide folders in USB drive

This was not possible before but fortunately, i found an application is made for the same purpose. It is WinMend Folder Hidden. this application can quickly hide files and folders on local partitions and/or on removable devices.

The hidden files/folders will be safely hidden whether the drive is accessed in another operating system on the same computer or reinstalled on another computer.you need to install it in your USB pendrive and when you run it for the first time, you will be prompted to enter username and password. Than you will be prompted with the program window to add files or folders to be hidden inside.Hidden data can be displayed and unhidden only when the user enters the valid password. The data is completely invisible to other programs or on other operating systems.

Download WinMend Folder Hidden
Old 29-05-2009

Thats it best solution for hiding files and folders on the USB drive as per me. After googling, even i found the same app for the situation you have. WinMend Folder Hidden has some great features like:-
  • High-Speed Hiding and Unhiding
  • Removable Drives Are Supported
  • Great safety and security
Old 29-05-2009

Thank you very much guys. I really needed this lot for my security reason. And as you described this app, it sounds very easy and nice. I appreciate your helps.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,