Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-05-2009

HDMI Audio cable not fitting in Xbox 360

While trying to connect Xbox 360 to my monitor via HDMI cable, but the supplied lead for audio doesn't fit when the HDMI lead is plugged.I then set about hooking up my other toslink cable to the 360, only it won't fit. Now, I know the slot for the optical audio out on the 360 is built into the official component cable that I'm using, but every time I push the cable into the slot, it won't stay there.Is there a lead that I can purchase which allows stereo sound? Please help.
Old 28-05-2009

Re: HDMI Audio cable not fitting in Xbox 360

The psyclone component cable should fit along with the HDMI plugged in, but you need to get the older version, as latest versions feature a fate plug that won't fit. OR just take the plastic case off your component lead where it plugs into the 360, and then it will fit in above the HDMI lead - plug your optical into that and away you go! the 360 isn't bothered that there are 2 leads plugged in and make sure its proper pushed into the 360.MS have screwed up the spec for TOSLINK fitting somehow. It stays in but is very loose. I've heard lots of people covering this issue. Use blu-tac or similar.
Old 28-05-2009

Re: HDMI Audio cable not fitting in Xbox 360

I think the optical output is on the Component cable that comes with the Premium 360. However with HDMI you will get audio and video through the one cable which cannot connect to an amp.The supposed rumor is that MS will be selling a "Official HDMI Cable Kit" sometime soon, which will be a HDMI cable and the above mentioned dongle. Rumored to be at $50 when it releases. Everyone seems very keen to point out how sensitive the end of Toslink cables are, and how you should keep them in their little protective jackets when not in use.Surely if you have a machine with hdmi you should have the thinner dongle.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,