Thread: Can WD Tv be connected with Network HD

Can WD Tv be connected with Network HD

i had bought a Western Digital WD TV HD Media Player, i found it very interesting and nice. What i want to know from guys is it possible to hook it up with network HD like Wireless NAS so that WD TV player will recognize files stored in NAS ? If yes, please let me know.

Re: Can WD Tv be connected with Network HD

No, WD Tv can not be connected with Network HD because only uses USB drives as a source, not network drives. The wireless NAS only has network connections to PC's, no USB for connecting anything except for USB hard drives.It is much more functional than the USB ports on DVD players and supports MKV files.The BIG drawback of WD TV HD Media Player is the lack of an ethernet port.So you will not be able to hook it up with network.

Re: Can WD Tv be connected with Network HD

Only if the WD is designed to operate with that specific Ethernet adaptor. Very unlikely. USB devices usually require drivers.Most media players only support Mass Storage devices via USB - not things like Ethernet adaptors, TV cards etc.though some players have hackable software.The wireless NAS only has network connections to PC's, no USB for connecting anything except for USB hard drives. You'll probably need to use a network media player like the D-Link DSM 320 instead of the WD HD Media Player in order to do what you want to do.You load the file on an external hard drive plug the external hard drive into the WD TV which hooks to your TV or home theater through an HDMI cable, or composite cables if you must, and you are good to go.