Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-05-2009

sad Sony mp3 player "FORMAT ERROR"

I had this mp3 player working fine , but due to a virus i formatted it directly using windows option of quick format and after that ,it does doesn't play any file but rather shows a msg "FORMAT ERROR" ,nothing other than FM works.
PL reply with +ve info.

Details of MP3 player:
Model no.- Sony NW-E003F
space -1GB
Old 28-05-2009

Re: Sony mp3 player "FORMAT ERROR"

"NO DATA"/"FORMAT ERROR" may appear and the tracks cannot be played when formatting on Windows explorer and transferring tracks from SonicStage.

In this case, format by MENU of the unit and transfer tracks again.

Please consult the local authorized Sony service facility for assistance if the symptom persists.

Old 28-05-2009

Go to device manager and install/update the driver>browse computer for driver software> pick from a list of device>choose removable drive not the MTP. then it will show on your explorer, hence you can format it now using Fat16 or default settings.
Old 28-05-2009

I recommend you to use SonicStage to format your music player. This software is specially designed for sony poratble players. All the best!
Old 28-05-2009

Never format the device in windows. The sony mp3 player has it particular language for a drive format. When you format it on window it is erased. Now do one thing format the player with its own formatting utility. After that past your song and then you will not receive the error again.
Old 30-05-2009

thanx a tonn everybody , i was quite depressed due to the problem but thankGod its done now ....

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,