Thread: Dell Latitude D600 laptop docking issue

Dell Latitude D600 laptop docking issue

I am having Dell Latitude D600 laptop. I use docking station whenever I am at my office desk. Today when I plugged in my docking station and used my original power adapter from my laptop, I got the message which says the AC Power adapter type cannot be determined. Either undock or insert an appropriate adapter.

What and why is this happening? Please help!

Re: Dell Latitude D600 laptop docking issue

Obtain exceptional expandability with the D/Dock Expansion Station featuring a media bay, which supports Latitude D-Family Media Modules and media module battery charging, as well as a half-height industry standard PCI slot. One simple docking connection provides access to 15 expansion ports including dual-display support.

While the system is undocked, go to "Desktop", right click on "My Computer" and select "Properties". "System Properties" window comes, click on the "Hardware" tab, and then click on the "Hardware Profiles" button. Now delete the docked profile, restart the system and now dock the system and test the usb ports.

It should be due to some kind of overheads on your laptop. Try plugging your laptop in and see if this solves the issue. Or else taking out the battery and plugging it directly to the mains. You can try changing the adapter also just to be sure that isn't the adapter problem.