Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 25-05-2009

USB Ports stopped working in HP Laptop

i have a hp ze2000 laptop with Xp operating system.My USB drives have been working perfectly fine but suddenly stopped working. First one and a few days later the other, i have reformatted but same result. Today my mouse and laptop cooling pad are both not functioning. I need some urgent help form you all guys regarding the same ? Please help.
Old 25-05-2009

Re: USB Ports stopped working in HP Laptop

I think the USB control drivers may have become corrupt. Try uninstalling the usb control drivers from device manger in control panel by right clicking and select uninstall. I would suggest you to uninstall all devices from universal serial Bus controller cat. Now reboot the PC.Now they will auto reinstall for you to factory installed driver.

hope this will fix the problem, If not yet than try to reload your chipset driver.
Old 25-05-2009

I think, you need to scan for any hardware changes with Device Manager. To do so, type devmgmt.msc in the Command prompt on your Xp OS. Now click your computer so that it is highlighted in Device Manager. Now click Action and then click Scan for hardware changes.Check the USB device to see whether it is working.After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device. This scanning process can fix the USB ports problem.
Old 25-05-2009

Thanks for quick help friends. Let me try these steps. i'll be with the results. Hope this works for me. Thank you

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,