Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-05-2009

Download and Install Quickpwn 2.2 for ipod touch (Windows)

If you have a 3G iPhone and want potential soft unlock in the near future do NOT use QuickPwn, and do not use the official ipsw or the iTunes update process without using PwnageTool.

The 'late 2008' MacBook / air / pro line of computers have an issue with DFU mode. While it's possible to go from Pwned 2.1 -> Pwned 2.2 (using PwnageTool), you can't yet go from stock to pwned. If in any doubt use a different machine.

Choosing the correct tool is crucial. Be warned!

Use the following, Windows QuickPwn for firmware version 2.2.1 using the iPhone 2G to unlock / jailbreak is how. Before, please update to iTunes 8.0.2.

1st
Create a folder on the Windows desktop called Pwnage.

The following files are just created down to the Pwnage folder:
- QuickPwn-225-2.zip
- BL 3.9
- BL 4.6
- 2.2.1 (2G): iPhone1, 1_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw

QuickPwn-225-2.zip Pwnage folder on the file and extract the compressed.

2nd
IPhone to connect to your computer and run iTunes.

Click on a user's iPhone in the left list.
Press the SHIFT key on your keyboard at the same time, click Restore.
(Restore button to recommend the use of reason, the maximum capacity of users to the iPhone)

Pwnage folder on your desktop to find the 2.2.1 firmware ipsw, click find and click the Open button.

3rd
The iTunes program to upgrade the iPhone firmware 2.2.1 when you're done, the Pwnage folder on your desktop to run the QuickPwn.exe.

4th
click on the blue arrow.

5th
Click the Browse button to locate your iPhone firmware.

6th
Pwnage folder on your desktop, select the 2.2.1 firmware ipsw, click the Open button ..

7th
Ipsw file to determine the QuickPwn program. Click OK after the blue arrow to continue.

8th
Whether the installation of Cydia and Installer, start changing the logo, Unlock after determining whether, by clicking on the blue arrow to continue.

9th
Now select the files to bootloader screen will pop up. Browse by clicking the button created in the Pwnage folder on your desktop and select the 3.9 bootloader file, below the 4.6 bootloader, select the file list in the same way. Now click the blue arrow to continue.

10th
The USB connection of the iPhone, QuickPwn program, t. Check hasinhu, click the blue arrow to continue.

11th
QuickPwn iPhone users, it automatically switch to Recovery mode is round. Recovery mode is switched to the user's iPhone, the iPhone's Home button is 5 seconds, click the Home button at the top of the iPhone in hand, age is not 10 seconds with the power button. Press Home button for about 30 seconds then you must continue. Now the iPhone is to enter DFU mode. (Just a black screen will pop up.)

12th
QuickPwn program into DFU mode, you find the user's iPhone jailbreak is started.

12th
QuickPwn program into DFU mode, you find the user's iPhone jailbreak is started.

Here is the download link along with some mirrors:
QuickPWN 2.2 Jailbreak Download
Old 23-05-2009

Re: Download and Install Quickpwn 2.2 for ipod touch (Windows)

I tried several different ways to make my unlocking work. Here is what I did (on my 4th iteration) and it ONLY deals with removal / placing of sim cards 1) Shift + Restore method WITHOUT ANY SIM CARD 2) Place desired sim card in Only AFTER: Shift + Restoration is done AND you close iTunes follow the all other steps as written above. great work.
Old 23-05-2009

Re: Download and Install Quickpwn 2.2 for ipod touch (Windows)

urgent help i have upgrade my iphone to 2.2.1 version but when i try to use pwange and in last step i am getting an error that your device has been connected in wrong mode. this can be cause of wrong step method or faulty connection tell me wt should i do urgently help me how to go ahead and now i am getting and sim card cannot be registered since i was using another carrier ...... please tell me how do i shall over come this problem .... now evn i am getting an error on pwn that the version is 2.2.1 pls .. need urgent help ...

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,