Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-05-2009

MY sd card files missing

I am getting an error 2048 from the video files which were missing that I recovered them using recova softwaree from my sd card. How can I play this files again on my laptop? Can u advise me how to fix this problem
Old 23-05-2009

Re: MY sd card files missing

Try to disable the sleep mode on the SD card. To do so, disable and turn off the power management for the SD memory card by change the following registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\SDMemory_Class]
?DisablePowerManagement?=dword:00000001
Old 23-05-2009

Download a file converter and that will change the file of your video file to a avi file which will play on nearly every player!

You can just search free file converter download on google something will come up trust me i had the same problem
Old 23-05-2009

You won't need to delete all of your flashcards etc to reinstall the files; just download the "manual install" version (Basic or Complete, it doesn't matter). It may simply be a SD card corruption. Scan it for file system errors. Try not to read the card in the PC too often - I had similar issues with a buggy SD card driver on my laptop which would corrupt the 2GB cards (it worked fine with smaller cards).

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: