Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-05-2009

ipod nano do not disconnect error

Hi,

I have ipod nano, yesterday i connect ipod nano with my usb plug to pc to charge battery. after full charge i tried to disconnect ipod, it gives error "generic volume cannot be stopped at this time". i am trying again and again and it gives me same error. when i disconnect ipod it got hanged and i had to discharge it.

please help me
Old 23-05-2009

Re: do not disconnect error on ipod - ipod

To avoid do not disconnect error in future. quit all open applications and stop every process related to your iPod. So quit everything, even iTunes. Let's start fresh. Open iTunes. Eject the iPod using iTunes
Old 23-05-2009

Re: ipod nano do not disconnect error

The error you are getting is similar to the one you get when trying to eject a USB jump drive that is being viewed in explorer. i think you have disk mode enabled, if so then make sure that an explorer window is not open. If you have issues ejecting. Close down all programs you have running and then attempt to eject.
Old 23-05-2009

Re: ipod nano do not disconnect error

Never use iPod in Disk Mode, and whenever you will get the "Do not disconnect" You can either press the eject Button in iTunes or you can go to My Computer and right click on your iPod and select Eject. It's done updating in iTunes then the Do Not Disconnect screen will go away automatically.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: ,