Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-05-2009

Troubleshooting Tomtom One GPS navigator

My Tomtom One GPS navigator is not turning ON Whenever I connect it to my computer, it glows the green light that indicates that it is ON but it actually does not turns ON. I have also tried my Tomtom One to connect to the car charger and also mains charger. But nothing can make it ON. I was not having this problem for last 1 month when I bought it. What troubleshooting can be done to make it ON?
Old 22-05-2009

Re: Troubleshooting Tomtom One GPS navigator

It is possible you have moved the SD card while Tomtom is on. This is the usual reason it would not start up next time.

Unplug the TomTom from the mains, put the SD Card back into the slot, turn the TomTom on, wait to get the error message, then turn off the TomTom, then eject the SD Card, and thats it!! The unit will turn back on again even if it is not plugged into the mains.
Old 22-05-2009

Did you try to reset it by pushing a pin into the reset hole? Many times such hang up of Tomtom One GPS navigator will get solved by the Reset.
Old 22-05-2009

Maybe your Tomtom One is not reading the SD card. Remove the card, reset the the unit & re-insert the card. If still no joy try the card in a card reader (if you have access to one) to see if you can read it there.
Old 22-05-2009

The following actions may help:-
  1. Run the Clear Flash tool.

• Download the clear flash tool from http://www.tomtom.com/6178 and follow the instructions on this web page.
    • Once this has completed, switch your TomTom off, disconnect it from the PC and then switch your TomTom back on.

2. Run Disk Error Checking

• Connect the TomTom device to the computer.
    • Go to My Computer and right-click on the removable drive called "TomTom": and select Properties.
    • Select Tools.
    • At the top, in the "Error-checking" section, press Check Now.
    • Check both boxes and press Start.
For further information about how to do this, see http://www.tomtom.com/8324

This will run a disk check on the device memory and fix possible errors. Depending on the size of the memory, this may take several minutes.

Hope this helps

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , , ,