| || |
| || |
Join Date: Jan 2006
Re: How do i install Garmin's nuvi free Update Map
Using a USB cable (you don't have to use the one that came with the GPS, any one will do), connect the GPS to the computer, and wait until the computer finishes detecting it (30-60 seconds).
- Then try to launch the Map Update 2009 program.
- After downloading the update, Garmin will provide you a serial number. Keep this number safely, because you will require it in a minute.
- Then Click on Next to continue the installer.
- Then Check the box accepting the Software and Data License Agreement and then click on Next to continue.
- In order,if your Garmin GPS needs any software updates, such as updated firmware, the installer will automatically download it and install it on your GPS.
- If your GPS needs a firmware update, the installer will prompt you to disconnect the GPS so it can complete the firmware update, and then re-connect the GPS so the map update can be continued.
- Then enter the product key Garmin provided online, or found on the green sticker on the back of your DVD case.
- The update takes a long time. This is normal and the installing the update takes around 1.5 hours to get completed.
- Now you can disconnect the GPS and then click on Finish on the computer in order to exit the installer process.
- Now verify that your GPS has been updated to the new "City Navigator North America NT 2008" maps, disconnect the GPS from the computer, power it on, tap on the wrench icon --> Map --> Map Info. You will be able to see "City Navigator North America NT 2009" listed on it.