Thread: Downloading music to g1 phone

Downloading music to g1 phone

Hello,
    I have recently bought a new G1 Android phone of google and as I am new to it, can anyone tell me how to download music on g1 phone. Previously it was very easy to download songs on my old nokia e70 phone but with this phone I am a total newbie. Thank for any help.

Re: downloading music to g1 phone

If you have a name of an artist you would like music from or a name of a song then go onto google on your G1 browser and type in "index of" artist name.mp3, click on the links provided and you should be given a list of songs, hold your finger on the song name untill you get a list of options, scroll down to 'Save Link' and it will start downloading.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

1. Make sure the microSD card is inserted in the phone.

2. Plug the phone into the USB slot on your computer using the G1 USB cable.

3. Watch the notification bar at the top of the G1 main screen. After the computer connects on the USB port, you will see a small USB icon appear on the notification bar.

4. Drag the notification bar down and select the USB connection notification. A popup will appear asking you if you want to mount the microSD card on the computer. Select "mount." After a second, the PC should detect the card.

5. You can now copy files to and from the card like any other USB storage device.

When you're finished, open the Music app, and select the Songs icon and you should see all your music files listed. The phone will read the files and sort them by album name and artist name as well.

The G1 will also read standard m3u playlist files. If you have a folder of music on your computer, create a playlist file for it (using iTunes, Media player or WinAmp if you use Windows). Save the playlist file in the same folder where you store the song files. The G1 will read the file when you load the music player, and will show it under the Playlists icon.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

If you want to download music for your G1 phone then try using http://www.kptunes.com where you will find the best and good quality sound which you can play in your G1 phone. i have been using kptunes for a while now and i am happy the way it works. now here is the thing that you also want to transfer music to your G1 phone then the G1 is drag and drop -- that is to say, you have to plug it into either a PC or a Mac, where it shows up as an external drive and you can copy & paste or drag & drop over the music files or folders. I prefer less thinking and activity for my transfers.