Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-05-2009

Black screen problem with digital camera

I have S1IS canon camera,my warranty has expired now. No picture recorded when taken or some time picture in my camera looks very dark. Now i can't see anything when i am taking picture only black screen. My screen is black except for the menus and the options in the menu.Any help will be extremely appreciated.
Old 19-05-2009

Re: Black screen problem with digital camera

It seems to be the CCD. Black screen can be avoid by adjusting the white balance, which makes the perfect balance of the color. I had same problem with my sony camera.
Old 19-05-2009

There are various different types of rechargable battteries. It's possible that there's just some sort of disconnect between the LCD and the sensor in record mode. You can switch between using the lcd screen and the eyepiece as a viewer. It sounds like the image sensor has gone bad in the camera, and that it is not a common problem for this model.
Old 19-05-2009

When the camera won't turn on or shows black screen check the batteries. Connect camera to an AC adapter. Remove all batteries, disconnect AC adapter, wait a minute, reinsert batteries and reconnect adapter. Recharge batteries only as described in the user's manual.Turn on camera. If the camera gets wet, turn it off if it's on. Remove all batteries and media. Let it dry completely for at least 24 hours before reinserting batteries. or Try to replace that camera if it is under warranty.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,