Thread: How to Restart ipod touch

How to Restart ipod touch

I am having a Ipod touch from a long time. Since last couple of days, its not working properly and causing some difficulties in using it. Some times it just get frozen and it has been lock up so bad that Itunes doesn't even recognize it. So i got an advise to restart it. Could you guys make me know how can i do that please?

Re: How to Restart ipod touch

Restarting the iPod will sometimes dispel minor faults that might have been there inside the operating system files. You do not require any sophisticated gadget or any other material to restart the iPod. Here are the simple ways to restart your frozen ipod touch:-

• Press and hold the (power) button and the square home button at the same time.
    • Wait some time it will reset eventually.
    • Be patient.

If ipod touch is not frozen and just not working properly, you can try this:-

• Hold the "Power" button until you see the "Slide To Power Off" slider.
    • Let go of the "Power" button, and slide the slider.
    • Wait until it turns off completely, press the "Power" button again to turn it back on.

that resetting the iPhone or iPod is not the same with restoring the iPhone or iPod. Restore will erase and wipe out completely all information and data that contained inside the device, including musics, songs, videos, contacts, photos, calendar information, call lists, maps, applications installed and any other data.
    To reboot the ipod touch,You have to move the ‘Hold’ switch to the ‘Lock’ position and then to the ‘Unlock’ position. Press and hold the ‘Menu’ button and the ‘Play/pause’ buttons together for about 10 seconds or until the Apple™ Logo appears. The iPod touch will restart.

For the fifth generation iPods, iPod Nanos, iPod Minis and other iPods with a click wheel, try this:
    Press and hold the ‘Home’ button together with the button placed on the top right corner of your phone. Hold them jointly until the phone switches off itself and restarts.

Thanks for the help guys, I hope its gonna help me. Let me try this, i'll be back if any problem occurs. Thanks...

For more info on Ipod touch problems, See this Problems with Ipod Touch