Thread: Forgot Unlock code for ipod touch

Forgot Unlock code for ipod touch

i have an Apple iPod touch (2G) 8 GB.Yesterday when i tried to start my ipod I failed to insert a correct code to unlock iPod and i noticed that ipod is locked and it showing black screen. how can i unlock it? Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Forgot Unlock code for ipod touch

When your at this point all you have to do is hit the lock button or home button then a screen will appear telling you to slide something across the screen, do this and your iPod will be unlocked. There is another way to unlocked by syncing/docking that iPod with it's default library.

• Connect your iPod to the first computer it was synced with or the computer set as the primary one in iTunes. Open the iTunes application, then disconnect your iPod from the computer, and it should no longer be locked.
    • If you can't unlock iPod using either [the code or connecting it to the computer you use to manage its songs]. . . you can restore your iPod to factory settings using iPod Updater. Please note that this will erase all data on your iPod. Afterwards, you can add your music and data back to your iPod.
    • If you can't remember the current combination, the only way to clear it and enter a new one is to restore the iPod software.

You can unlock iPod in one of two ways:

Enter the combination on iPod using the same controls you used to set the combination. If you do not enter the correct combination, the digits onscreen flash red. When you enter the combination correctly, iPod will unlock and return you to the last viewed screen.

Connect iPod to the primary computer you use it with (the first one iPod synced with), and open iTunes. When you disconnect iPod from the computer, it will no longer be locked.

If you can't unlock iPod using either of these methods, you can restore your iPod to factory settings. Please note that this will erase all data on your iPod. Afterwards, you can add your music and data back to iPod.

If you want to change the primary computer that your iPod is associated with, do this:
    • Restore your iPod. Warning: The restore process cannot be undone. All of your songs and files will be deleted. Always make a backup of your important data.
    • Connect your iPod to the computer that you want to be the primary computer.
    • Open iTunes and synchronize.

There is no way to recover the lock code. I had wasted a long time in finding tools that can do that. You cannot remove or recover the password you really know it. The only thing you can do here is restore your iPod Touch. For that you will need to use iTunes. Connect the iPod Touch to iTunes and then run factory restore. It will wipe all stuff of your ipod. I hope you have taken the backup of everything you had in it.

Yes even I agree with the above reply. There is no way by which you can retrieve the forgotten pass code of ipod touch. Try to remember the same and if you can't there is no option other than restoring it back again from iTunes. It will wipe everything in your ipod touch. Before wiping it out you can try to run a backup. I hope it does not ask for the passcode or any unlocking stuff.