Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-05-2009

Setup Assistant doesn't appear for ipod shuffle

I have a Apple iPod shuffle 1 GB that doesn't respond to anything. When i plugged it in to my system the iTunes did not automatically open and it didn't not recognize shuffle was plugged in. I've tried plugging it into another computer but it won't show up on itunes.What has happened and what is the solution?Can anyone help!!!
Old 18-05-2009

Re: Setup Assistant doesn't appear for ipod shuffle

I'm assuming you are on a PC. I'm also assuming you've installed iTunes. If so, your shuffle should be listed on the left hand side of the iTunes window. Double click on that shuffle icon on your desktop OR drag and drop it onto the iTunes icon in the Dock. All the setup info will be accessible through there. If not, try reinstalling the software.
Old 18-05-2009

Reset your iPod shuffle:
1. Eject your iPod shuffle from iTunes, if connected.
2. Disconnect the USB cable from the iPod shuffle's headphone port.
3. Move the switch on the top of the iPod shuffle to the off position.
4. Wait 5 seconds.
5. Move the switch to the "play in order" or "shuffle" position. The green stripe will be visible in either position.
Old 18-05-2009

* Verify the iPod shuffle is seated securely in the dock.

* Check the switch on the top. If you don't see a green field exposed at the top, then the switch is in the Off position. Turn iPod shuffle on.

* If the status light blinks green, then three orange when you press a button, the buttons on iPod shuffle are disabled. Press and hold the Play/Pause button for about 3 seconds, until the status light blinks green.

* Your iPod shuffle may need to be reset. See this article for steps to reset iPod shuffle. Resetting does not affect your music or data files.

* If a red light is blinking or continuously on, your iPod battery may not be charged. You can find information on charging iPod shuffle here. To find out how to check the battery life, see the article "Checking the charge." To get the most out of your battery.

* If none of these steps worked, you may need to restore your iPod shuffle software. Please be aware that doing so will delete all your files on iPod shuffle.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,