Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2009

Reset Lost Password in iPod

hello,

Actually, I had set a password to unlock my iPod. I haven't used my iPod from last 10-12 days as my exams were going on. Well, my exams have finished now and I had forgotten the password to unlock my iPod. As a result, I am unable to access (start and play) my iPod. How can I reset the password of my iPod so that I can unlock my device and use it smoothly as before ?
Old 11-05-2009

Re: Reset Lost Password in iPod

Follow the instructions to reset a password for your iPod -
  • Plug-in your iPod. Wait for the device to load completely.
  • Open My Computer (or computer if on Vista).
  • Go to iPod_control and navigate to the folder named Device.
  • Since your iPod is locked, there will be a file _locked . Rename the file to _unlocked.

That's it..... your work is done. now safely remove the device from the computer
Old 11-05-2009

Try to use the tool called "Recover My iPod". This tool is capable of recovering deleted or lost iPod files, including music, video and pictures. It can also recover iPod files from all common iPod data loss scenarios, including:
- Recover a frozen iPod
- Recover from an iPod Reset
- Recover from an iPod Restore
- Recover iPod files from an iPod "sad face"
- Recover from an iPod exclamation mark icon.

Check whether it can recover the password for your iPod because I am not sure about this.....
Old 11-05-2009

Steps -

Connect the iPod to your machine and verify whether it appears as a standard drive in "My Computer".
Note: If it doesn't appear and you have iTunes installed, make sure "disk use" is enabled.

Go To Control Panel >> User Accounts >> Select Your Account >> Related Tasks >> "Prevent a forgotten password".
-- A Wizard should appear.

Select Your iPod's Drive Name >> Enter Current Password >> Finish

After performing the above the steps, your iPod should setup as a password recovery disk, which allow recovering your system password in case you get locked out.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,