Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2009

Mio c220 Gps and Vista

Hello,

I has a Mio C220 Gps and a Windows vista installed computer , the problem is that my Window vista does not Seem to recognize my Gps when it is connected on a usb Port . is there any Compatibility problem or My Gps might be Not Working , Do i ned to Update my gps? if so Can you tell How Can i update my gps, Please Tell me how Can i Solve these Problem Thank in advance for your Replies
Old 11-05-2009

Re: Mio c220 Gps and Vista

Hello , I found this explanation to install drivers for VISTA MIO recognition, it works great
  1. First of all must be copied into the subdirectory "c:\windows\system32\drivers\" files found on the CD Mio (in "install" then "usbdriver"), namely: WCEUSBSH.INF and WCEUSBSH.SYS
  2. Connect a USB GPS Mio , it is then recognized by Vista which is installed "automatically" for its driver.

3. Open "Control Panel" then "System" then "device manager" we can "see" the "mobile" ... click the small "+" to find "Windows Powered Pocket PC."
  4. Right click on "Windows Powered Pocket PC" and then "properties" select "driver" and "update driver".
  5. New window: select "search for a software driver on my computer." Then "Let me choose from a list of device drivers on my computer"
  6. New window, do not take account of what is displayed, simply click on "disc"
  7. Another window, click "browse" and go to "c: \ windows \ system32 \ drivers \" where one must find WCEUSBSH.INF (copied to the point "1"), select the file, then click "open" then "OK" and then on "Next" (ignore the warning "This driver was not signed ..." - leave blank or choose - simply "next")
  8. Now Vista installs the "original" Mio driver

9. Click "Close" then "Close" and exit the "device manager" and "Control Panel"
Old 11-05-2009

Re: Mio c220 Gps and Vista

hello , You should Update Your Device From the Official site of mio You Can Download the Updates From Here , On these link Browse by your Device To Get Updates

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,