Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2009

Downloaded BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.6 crashes

Hello,

I have old BlackBerry, a pearl 8100. Seeking to manage data from BB with my computer, I have the following downloaded the latest version of the OS (it means what Os) on the Vodafone site, and now I try to download the BB Desktop Manager 4.6.

I have download 3 times already , but without my installing, the system seems to be completely stopped at 37%, or 104 MB on 286 MB, is this normal, I did not error message ...

Thank you for your responses.
Old 06-05-2009

Re: Downloaded BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.6 crashes

Well,

Which browser are you using ?? Try some different browser to download. you can also try downloading from some another site.
Old 06-05-2009

Hi,

You don't you try the latest version of Desktop Manager 4.7.0 B59 Multilanguage support.

Download - Without Media Manager

File name: 470_b059_multilanguage_nomediamanager.exe
File size: 117.468 MB

That has great features such as :-

Keep Your Desktop and Smartphone Data Organized
  • Synchronize your email and organizer information (calendar, contacts, memos and tasks) between your BlackBerry smartphone and your PC
  • Back up information from your smartphone to your PC or restore previously saved files
Easily Transfer Files, Music and Data
  • Transfer files between your computer and your BlackBerry smartphone?s internal memory or optional media card1
  • Use Roxio? Media Manager2; for easy management of your video and music files
  • Use BlackBerry? Media Sync to sync your desktop iTunes? or Windows Media Player3 music files with your BlackBerry smartphone4,5.6,7
  • Migrate data from a BlackBerry smartphone, Palm? Treo or Windows Mobile? based device to a new BlackBerry smartphone2
Add New Software and Updates
  • Load new applications and updates from your PC to your BlackBerry smartphone
Manage Your Enterprise Email
  • Create an auto signature to be included in the body of your outgoing email messages8
  • Filter the email messages you receive on your BlackBerry smartphone by key words and message fields8
Old 06-05-2009

Hi

Try the following things :

* Try Uninstalling and re-installing Desktop Manager, making sure that you run the install program as an administrator.
* Try Wiping your Blackberry and reinstalling the OS.
* Deleting the Intellisync folder.
* Run scanpst on your Outlookpst file.
* Clearing the calendar entries on the Blackberry.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: ,