Thread: Nokia E71i with 5 megapixel camera

Nokia E71i with 5 megapixel camera

After the success of the E71, the phone received an apt upgrade in the form if the freshly launched E75. However, Nokia does not seem to be ready to "let go" the E71 model number and is reportedly planning an update to the E71 in the form of an E71i.

Those who know a fair bit of Nokia's history with model numbers, might be aware of Nokia's fixation with the "i" suffix that is usually added to commercially successful phone models that are on the verge of being outdated. The E71 too is likely to get such a treatment.

The only thing that’s been putting me off getting one was its 3.2 megapixel camera.

8, 10, 12 megapixels in a camera phone… I don’t really care. 5 mpx is good enough for me. But not less. And, I guess, I’m not the only one.

Well, looks like we won’t have to wait long to go for E71. According to a very trusted source, Nokia is readying a minor upgrade to this handset – Nokia E71i. With a 5 megapixel camera in it.

In addition to a better camera, there shouldn’t be any major changes. Why fix something that ain’t broken?

E71i’s software will be upgraded to S60 FP2, just like in the current American Nokia E71x on AT&T. It will also get a color makeover, with a brown/mocha color scheme as a distinct possibility.

Nokia E71i should be announced sometime this fall – October or, maybe, even in September, during Nokia World.

Re: Nokia E71i with 5 megapixel camera

Rumors are strong that Nokia would update its popular E71 with a 5 Megapixel camera. The device would be labeled E71i. Apart from the camera, expected is the new colour and Symbian S60 FP2 upgrade like the E71x.

The 5Mp camera in the E71 looks odd to me, but FP2 and Black colour is exciting.

Re: Nokia E71i with 5 megapixel camera

Nokia fans who are looking for a Feature Pack 2 version of Nokia’s E71 will certainly be glad to hear that Nokia is preparing to release a version of the phone, likely the E71i, that not only has Feature Pack 2, but also a 5 megapixel camera with new color options. So in case you were thinking of snagging the E71x.