Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Get Free BlackBerry Internet Access without Data Plan ?

How to Get Free BlackBerry Internet Access without Data Plan ?

Hello,

I have recently purchased BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone, previouslyI could access internet even with my old nokia. The trick is GSM services push you to buy a data plan and BlackBerry also doesn't give information for internet access without data plan. Is there any way, to get free Blackberry Internet acess without Data Plan.

I hope you will search for me settings for internet access without data plan?

Re: How to Get Free BlackBerry Internet Access without Data Plan ?

I use a privately bb 8800 from Eplus with its operators map from o2 and have all services enabled. Software change goes like this:

Options ==> preferences == Advanced> Security Settings ==> blackberry delete

New map purely

Then the new operator log (ie bb-mail account) and service books (= operator-specific software) to send.

Done

(maybe it is again the Blackberry re-register the old provider, depends on the device)

Hi,

To use BlackBerry on Generic Data Plan :

1.Upgrade your BlackBerryOS
    You need BlackBerry with OS 3.8 or later. If you have an older version of BlackBerryOS, please BlackBerryOS 4.0 Download and install it on your BlackBerry first.

2.Configure your BlackBerry & Your Carrier
    On the BlackBerry handheld, go to Settings -> TCP
    There is a new option in BlackBerryOS 3.8 and later. Then fill in APN with the provided APN listead in the below post, that is appropriate for your carrier. If no username or password is provided, leave these blank. If only a username is provided, then leave in the password. Also, ignore the Gateway IP address, unless your Blackberry specifically has a textbox to enter the IP address in. "APN" means "Access Point Name". Once you have saved the APN information, should you reboot your BlackBerry by removing and reinserting the battery.

3.Run your BlackBerry Internet Software
    Once you have filled this information, your Internet applications should work on your BlackBerry. TCP / IP makes Internet software work, including chat software: Verichat, Webmessenger, IRC, Telnet / SSH, Web browsing, etc..

Occasionally, some applications on the BlackBerry need to have the gateway or APN information entered directly into them. This is not common.

Happy Re: How to Get Free BlackBerry Internet Access without Data Plan ?

OMG i love you guys!!

I have a bb 8520

Currently I am not in a position to get a bb dataplan so I switched to docomo for cheaper GPRS rates.. and i call these guys they escalate me to a place where there are so called "BB technical support group" and they tell me you cant surf net without a data plan but I got the card after a lot of research on internet and knew there was a way..

I changed my apn to: TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET but wasnt able to access internet..
    Your post proved to be very very helpful. (I just had to remove battery and restart the fone) Thanks guys!! I registered on this site just to tell you guys. how thankful I am.. cheers!

guys plz help 1-Does this need a standard data plan not bb's to complete the steps?
    2-does this work all the time?no wifi needed or monthly data plan charge?
    3-does this make the bbm work?
    plz reply and thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyCookie View Post
    OMG i love you guys!!

I have a bb 8520

Currently I am not in a position to get a bb dataplan so I switched to docomo for cheaper GPRS rates.. and i call these guys they escalate me to a place where there are so called "BB technical support group" and they tell me you cant surf net without a data plan but I got the card after a lot of research on internet and knew there was a way..

I changed my apn to: TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET but wasnt able to access internet..
    Your post proved to be very very helpful. (I just had to remove battery and restart the fone) Thanks guys!! I registered on this site just to tell you guys. how thankful I am.. cheers!
    Hi Fuzzycookie,

Can you please share the steps to configure GPRS on BB, Thanks,

can u pls tell me how to get free internet without paying for a plan? i'v got a Curve 8520... FuzzyCookie, help!!

Quote Originally Posted by priyaaa15 View Post
    can u pls tell me how to get free internet without paying for a plan? i'v got a Curve 8520... FuzzyCookie, help!!
    I think that you have to set up your tcp settings. In your BlackBerry menu go to => Options - Advanced Options - TCP and enter your APN information for your GSM Service. You can find TCP APN settings which is given below. And then download opera mini browser and install it in your blackberrr and check the automatic network setup in opera.

APN: wap.cingular
    Username for APN: wap@cingulargprs.com
    Password for APN: cingular1
    WAP Gateway IP: 66.209.11.61
    WAP Gateway Port: 9203

blush Re: How to Get Free BlackBerry Internet Access without Data Plan ?

I tried all the steps -

changed my apn settings to airtelgprs.com, removed battery and switched it back on... but still not able to access...

what could i be missing?

i have bb 8520.

HELP!!!

Hi bbaddict,

You can go to this website and try to to create an account to begin sending and receiving email on your BlackBerry device. Please turn on your device and ensure that it is connected to the wireless network. Then click "Create New Account" on the given link and check if you can get internet access without the blackberry data plan.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Hey thanks,

But er, the website given is for AT&T whereas I am an Airtel (India) subscriber... any local help available?

Quote Originally Posted by pugsly View Post
    I think that you have to set up your tcp settings. In your BlackBerry menu go to => Options - Advanced Options - TCP and enter your APN information for your GSM Service. You can find TCP APN settings which is given below. And then download opera mini browser and install it in your blackberrr and check the automatic network setup in opera.

APN: wap.cingular
    Username for APN: wap@cingulargprs.com
    Password for APN: cingular1
    WAP Gateway IP: 66.209.11.61
    WAP Gateway Port: 9203
    hey i have the same phone and the same problem hav tried all the above mentioned solution but still no luck plz help

Has this been updated since the new system was put in place for blackberry?

Affection Re: How to Get Free BlackBerry Internet Access without Data Plan ?

helo!!!

i've got a blackberry curve 8520...i can't access in the net.i'm in the philippines right now.how can i access the internet without data plan.thank you so much!

If you are thinking to get free access to the internet then this is not possible. If you are not in any of the data plans and you are using the internet then also the default charges for that will be applied. To get information on default internet charges, you can contact to the provider.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast