Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2009

Impossible Itunes Error 3259

Hello, I have a 120gb ipod classic which I installed in a first time on mac. Now that I would pass on my pc, restoration is not necessary.

I will explain everything goes well until download the update, systematically interrupted by the error - 3259.

A message appears: "A problem occurred while downloading your network connection has expired"

There is no problem with my internet connection.
I tried disabling my firewall my antivirus etc. .. without success.
I find the answer on the net but no results either on this side there.
I even tried to format it manually (right click on the external hard disk in workstation option: format). Nothing happens.

If someone in the solution.

Thank you in advance.
Old 05-05-2009

Re: Impossible Itunes Error 3259

Hi,

What you need to do is, First, update to the latest iTunes software version. then try turning off your Firewall to see if the issue is resolved (this includes the built-in Firewall or a third-party Firewall such as Norton Personal Firewall, McAfee, Symantec, etc.).
Old 05-05-2009

Hi,

Similar problem I had when I upgraded to iTunes 7, I can no longer download purchased music. It loads forever (hours!) and the terminates with an error 3259. The solution for me was to uncheck the ?Allow simultaneous downloads? box, which is located at the bottom of the downloads page. I had the same problem with iTunes. I could download but never more than 2 at a time until it referred to error -3259.
Old 05-05-2009

I have done a total reinstall of itunes and quicktime and all other apple software. That helped, unfortunately, not yet. When I read this: http://support.apple.com/kb/TA24861
That I did it eventually. The ipod was fully restored including the new update.Then I just restored the settings, iTunes automatically asks whether you want to do. Only drawback: you have all your music, podcasts you will lose that are on your ipod.

That got me back after a sync (everything was still in iTunes).

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: ,