Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2009

Camera Not Detected , wiaacmgr.exe Missing

Hello , I have A Problem WIth My cannon Power Shot A95 Camera in Windows Xp , It is no longer recognized on any USB port on my PC while it is well recognized on my laptop . I have the Check all the Usb port they All are USB ports are good because when I plug in my Usb it is well recognized. I am looking for the solution and Got to know that wiaacmgr.exe should be enabled in "Services" but this wiaacmgr.exe is missing in windows. I searched on my windows disk but impossible to find. Where can I download it? or Find it please help me Thanks in advance

Thank you for your answers
Old 04-05-2009

Re: Camera Not Detected , wiaacmgr.exe Missing

Hello , normally This File is located in it is in " C:\WINDOWS\system32\ wiaacmgr.Exe " in this Location

wiaacmgr.exe is a process associated with Microsoft Windows Operating System from Microsoft Corporation.\r It is the Windows Picture Acquisition Wizard and is used in acquiring images from digital cameras and scanners. "This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.\r"
Old 04-05-2009

hello , You Can Try Doing this

Click on Start Button , then Select Run and type the following in the textbox: REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL and press Enter Note that there is a space between ...32 and SHI...This will take a few seconds to run. Sounds like something that should be sorted camera side rather than software side. In most newer digital camera models there is a setting in the cameras on board software that tells the camera how to appear to the computer. Either as a Camera or USB Mass Storage device. Depending on if this feature is offered in the camera it should just be a case of setting this option to camera mode. This will make the computer launch the camera wizard automatically and correctly.
Old 04-05-2009

Hello , I Think You Will be Required to visit the manufacturer website of the camera and download the drivers for your digital camera. after downloading Install the Drivers and your Camera will be then recognize.also Make sure the WIA service is running. To check, go to Control Panel--> Adminstrative Tools-->Services. Check the status of the Windows Image Acqusition service.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,