Thread: how to disable a stolen blackberry 9000 mobile phone

how to disable a stolen blackberry 9000 mobile phone

hi my bb phone was stolen in indonesia,the phone is bought without a contract in america.i am wondering whether it is possible to track down my phone ,with imei, or gps??thanks

Re: how to disable a stolen blackberry 9000 mobile phone

I think if you have the IMEI No. of your cell phone then you can contact your mobile provider and tell him to block the cell phone which cannot be used by any other person in future, other than that I dont know much about it.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Hey!
    There are a number of ways involved in tracking a stollen or lost mobile phone. The best way is to track it through IMEI number. But its of no use, be it Indonesia of America its a hectic process and everyone is least bother to go through the hectic procedure. Its better to lodge a police complaint and see what information they require and what information they give you...! Its worth trying... All the best...

I hope you have the IMEI number of your phone. Give it to your service provider. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either.

Or you can register to myphoneSafe.com register is a useful tool helping you to protect your mobile phone from being stolen and sold and to spot the origin of a phone by its unique identification number (called IMEI). If your phone is stolen you just mark it as stolen so it will immediately become blacklisted.

If you installed some kind of tracking software on the phone before it was stolen, then you can find it. Give IMEI to your service provider, they will block your phone.