Thread: How to Erase and Restore ipod touch

How to Erase and Restore ipod touch

Hello,

I have recently purchased ipod touch at the price of 11K with 16 GB memory space and hence i had fulled the memory with the video files,images and with some other document, and because of all these stuffs my ipod has become very slow so I have decided to erase it completely and restore only limited file this all will be done after taking the backup of ipod, So i request you to please provide me the steps or instruction about how to take Backup,how to Erase and how to Restore ipod Touch.

Thanks

Re: How to Erase and Restore ipod touch

if you are really willing to take backup of your iPod touch, you can set up AFP for it and then could see to it as appear on your desktop as an external drive. Then not a very big task you just need to copying the contents to another directory/drive.

or else you could also achieve using an FTP client like cyberduck for macs or WinSCP for windows and this will be the way. It still needs you to have installer and SSH installed on your iPod touch so that you can connect using FTP....

First select an application through the proper path On your ipod, locate the application you want to delete.

Tap and hold down the icon of the application you want to delete. After a few seconds your screen will start to “wiggle” and an X will appear next to each of the apps you’ve installed via the App Store.

Tap the X next to the icon of the app you want to remove. When prompted, select Delete.

Complete a Regular Restore

Step 1:
    Back up your iPod Touch's data to your computer before the restore to prevent losing data. You'll need to reinstall it after the restore process.

Step 2:
    Connect to the Internet and install the latest version of iTunes from the Apple website.

Step 3:
    Make sure your iPod Touch is connected to your computer.

Step 4:
    Pick "iPod Touch" in the Source pane of the iTunes program.

Step 5:
    Click on the Summary tab.

Step 6:
    Choose "Check for Update."

Step 7:
    Select "Restore" and follow the instructions to finish restoring your iPod Touch.