Thread: Laptop TouchPad Too Sensitive in Vista?

Laptop TouchPad Too Sensitive in Vista?

Hi there,

Hello , i Dont know to which Section it Belong , But i am Having Some Problem My Hp laptop touchpad , It is Very Sensitive. I Cannot Seem to control It , i heard about some feature in vista in That enable smooth movement of mouse , But i am Facing Difficulty in Working with it , if You know About the Feature Can you tell me How can i Solve this issue , Any Suggestion Would be really Helpful , Thanks in Advance

Re: Laptop TouchPad Too Sensitive in Vista?

Hello , You Can see an icon on your taskbar for your touch pad settings . You Can Click on it and then you should be able to adjust the sensitivity for buttons from there. Hope it Work for you Good luck!

Set touchpad sensitivity
    If Synaptics TouchPad is installed on your machine, follow the steps below to learn more about sensitivity and customize these settings for your use.

1. Right-click on the desktop and select Personalize > Mouse Pointers . The Mouse Properties settings window will open.
    2. Alternately, click Start and type Mouse in the Search field, and select Mouse when it becomes available in the program list. The Mouse Properties settings window will open.
    3. Select the Device Settings tab. Select the Synaptics TouchPad device and click Settings . In the Properties for Synaptics TouchPad window, expand the Sensitivity topic.
    4. Select the PalmCheck option to adjust the sensitivity of the touchpad to avoid erratic cursor movement caused by accidental touching of the pad during normal typing.
    5. Select the Touch Sensitivity option to adjust how much finger pressure is required to move the mouse on the screen and how responsive the touchpad is to taps.

If the Synaptics Device Settings tab is not present in the Mouse Properties window, you may be able to obtain the software by downloading it from HP's website.
    1. Open a browser and go to the HP Software & Drivers web site.
    2. Enter the product name/number in the Search field and press Enter .
    3. Select your operating system.
    4. On the Software & Driver downloads window, under Drivers - Keyboard, Mouse, and Input Devices, select the link to the most recent version of Synaptics TouchPad. Click Download Only . When prompted, click Run to install the driver.
    5. Once the installation is finished, open the Mouse Properties window and verify that the Synaptics TouchPad software has been installed, and set up the user preferences.
    6. If Synaptics TouchPad is not available for your notebook model at this time, check back later, and continue to use the Microsoft default drivers for the time being.