Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2009

Videotron cable and HDMI

I am perhaps not in the right section of the forum ...

We have a Videotron HD decoder and a Sony HD TV. Both are connected via an HDMI cable. The set is brand new, only a few months.

In recent weeks, it happens occasionally that the sound of the TV cut, style shaded where it means that half the words. (Hard to explain). This happens at any position. By changing the channel and returning to the post, the sound comes back normal.

As recent and still on warranty, I contacted Videotron for cable box probably defective. I am told that it was because the HDMI cable and is a frequent problem. The HDMI cable would prevent proper coordination between the TV and the cable box. Just use another mode of connection (son 5) to fix the sound problems.

Also, turn on the TV before the cable box would help the cause ...

I'm still confused ... somewhat incredulous ... Is this possible?
Old 01-05-2009

Re: Videotron cable and HDMI

This problem is real, with Videotron hd connect cable component is by far the least problematic
Old 01-05-2009

I would say that the problem can come from there but did you check if the signal between correct and is it only the HD or posts?

In your manual, your TV may be an adjustment for HDMI, HDCP ... Panasonic has options ...

A $ 30 for a HDMI is sufficient. The ultra cheap breaks easily.

Thank you to transfer in Audio / Video.
Old 01-05-2009

Quote:
I would say that the problem can come from there but did you check if the signal between correct and is it only the HD or posts?

In your manual, your TV may be an adjustment for HDMI, HDCP ... Panasonic has options ...

A $ 30 for a HDMI is sufficient. The ultra cheap breaks easily.

Thank you to transfer in Audio / Video.
It is a known problem at the terminal with videotron hd, technicians videotron discourages the use of cable hdmi
Old 01-05-2009

Yes, the technician checked the signal and it's all positions.

What I find "flat" is to have invested more than $ 1000 for a TV system of quality and then to learn that his "cut" and that is normal ... !

Question, is it worth the price to buy cables "component of quality ... not to those that come with the cable box? If yes, what kind?
Old 01-05-2009

It is not normal, it's a terminal problem videotron your system is not in question, if you connect a blue ray player on your TV with HDMI cable you will not have this problem, the new generation decoder videotron should settle this problem

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: ,