Thread: Software problem in cherry red dell streak

Software problem in cherry red dell streak

From the small and medium business site of dell, I had purchased the cherry red Dell Streak. I was having the carbon black which was working perfectly. I gave the carbon black to my wife. But when I received the cherry red device, it had severe software problems, too many page redirects, data connection unknown code-18 etc. when I contacted Dell I was told to return the cherry red and accept the carbon black. Saying that the cherry red has known software problems and will b constantly shown in the production. Now I am been told that it’s been removed from the site, yet it is still showing on the small and medium business site. I would like to know if they can produce carbon black then what is the difference about cherry red?

Re: Software problem in cherry red dell streak

I don’t have cherry red. But like you, I don’t believe that there can be any difference. The parts of the device regardless of the colour casing would be exactly the same. I think the edges of movies, especially 4x3 format look more merged into the screen and the case, if the entire front is black. I think red would make the 4x3 more apparent that it isn’t full width screen. I white would be there; I admit I might have chosen it.

If you are getting too many page redirects, then it was due to the first release of 2.2 I if remember correctly. It was later fixed on by another update a couple of weeks later. They had done something different with the colours; I remember that the white one is giving people hell with the qdl tool.

I don’t think you have any other option, rather I would better suggest you to upgrade it, if any of the updated versions are available for it. If you are not able to download it then, contact the Dell mobile service center to get your updates.