Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-04-2009

sad usb/mgb player not recognized

I forgot to remove my mgb player when logging off yesterday and left mgp player attached in port. Today when I go to open it my computer does not recognise it and I cannot see removable disc icon. on the mgb player it said 'no data found' then 'usb connect full'. I have alot of information on the device with no back up. I also do not have access to control panel as this is a company computer. Is everything lost or why doesn't it recognise 'new hardware'? can anything be salvaged? I'm desperate here!!
Old 21-04-2009

Re: usb/mgb player not recognized

Did you get any driver cd with your mgb player? Try to reinstall the driver or update the driver from the manufacturer site.
Old 21-04-2009

Re: usb/mgb player not recognized

Hello , Use the Device Manager to scan for new and recently installed hardware. From the start menu, select the 'Run' option. In the pop up box, type in Devmgmt.msc and then click 'Ok'. From the 'Action' Mmnu, click 'scan for hardware changes'. This will make Windows recognize any new devices that are installed. Now, close all device managers and control panels. Now see if your computer will read the USB device.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,