Thread: Corrupted jpg images on external hdd

Corrupted jpg images on external hdd

I have a problem with my portable usb hdd to 250GB. I have a lot of photo in that but I can not read properly. I explain: when I open my pictures they have (not always) a large random gray band, moreover in a particular file it creates is full of file "strange".

I have attached two images the first an image with gray band and the second the content of my record that simply look shit!

I would love to reformat but before that I'd like to recover my data and recover without incident gray band for these pictures. You have an idea of the origin of particular concern and a solution?

The drive is fat32, I have updated antivirus (nod32) and I already do a CheckDisk

Re: Corrupted jpg images on external hdd

the better, as you need to recover data faster is to dismantle the box and connect the internal hdd in your pc. Then, you reconnect, if it works, you save (and in the future, you keep a backup on hand). if it does not, you're doing a long surface hdtune.

What is your OS? what update?

I am on Windows XP SP2 at work, and Windows 7 (I know this is a beta ...) from me, then I'll test hdtune,

which reassures me (a little) is that a connection to another is not the same photo that is corrupt, therefore I imagine that the problem is more of a concern that transfer of physical writing?

It sent the virus, that Do fast full control! So you need to scan your computer with a good and updated antivirus.

I have a strange-to-date antivirus, otherwise it's worse now I have a huge amount of files with names like "@ E AET.TDD" or "ΒΆ%` tmwvn. _ G "

the chkdsk leaves no mistake, the hdtune such,

I understand and I really do not know what to do ... I rewrote the area of my boot disk you think it can change something