Thread: How do i restore iphone to default settings

sad How do i restore iphone to default settings

Hello Friends,

Just few days back i was trying to delete the contents from my iphone. To do so i went to my Factory settings and selected the first option, in which the i had selected the first option which showed me the message that it will delete the entire contents from the iphone. I agreed and had press on "Yes" to delete the contents, it took over nearly an hour to get the contents deleted from my iphone. Now the problem is that my phone seems to be dead and it cannot be detected even in itunes. Can any one tell me that how do i now restore back the default settings on my iphone? Does any body knows about this issue? Can any body help me out to resolve the above issue. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: How do i restore iphone to default settings

To restore iPhone and reset the phone to default factory settings, follow these steps:

1) Turn off iPhone - Hold down the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the red slider. Ignore this step if your iPhone is already off.

2) Press and hold down the Home button for about 10 seconds until a yellow triangle with a text which says Please Connect to iTunes appears.

3) Plug the iPhone into Mac or Windows PC. Release the button if you haven’t.

4) Run and open iTunes if it’s not already opened yet.

5) iTunes will prompt a message that says iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Click OK.

6) You will be taken to the iPhone pane. Then, click on Restore.

7) Wait for the full restoration process to complete, and the iPhone will be back to the original settings state as when it left the manufacturing factory, typically a working phone again if you face any problem, unless it’s hardware related.

To restore iPhone and reset the phone to default factory settings, follow these steps:

Turn off iPhone - Hold down the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the red slider. Ignore this step if your iPhone is already off.
    Press and hold down the Home button for about 10 seconds until a yellow triangle with a text which says Please Connect to iTunes appears.

Plug the iPhone into Mac or Windows PC. Release the button if you haven’t.
    Run and open iTunes if it’s not already opened yet.
    iTunes will prompt a message that says iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Click OK.

You will be taken to the iPhone pane. Then, click on Restore.

Wait for the full restoration process to complete, and the iPhone will be back to the original settings state as when it left the manufacturing factory, typically a working phone again if you face any problem, unless it’s hardware related.

Go to Settings/General and hit Reset. If that doesn't do it, then restoring (shift+click select 1.0.2) is, I agree, your best bet. If afraid about accidentally updating to 1.1.1, just disconnect your internet connection. Perform a manual sync first, just in case you want to backup your iPhone.

1. Get your phone and hook it up to iTunes.
    2. Once connected, right-click on the device in the list and select 'Backup'. You might also want to do the rest while you're there too for safety such as 'Sync' and 'Transfer purchases'.
    3. Restore the iPhone either through iTunes (hit the 'Restore' button when the device is connected) or on the handset by going to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Reset' > 'Erase All Content and Settings').
    4. When finished, you'll be asked to restore from backup or set up as a new phone. Pick the second option (backup) and select the backup. It should be the one from Step 2 (note the date/time).

It will only delete everything from the iPhone, not your iTunes library/backups there. Sync and backup first before you do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsly View Post

Turn off iPhone - Hold down the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the red slider. Ignore this step if your iPhone is already off.
    Press and hold down the Home button for about 10 seconds until a yellow triangle with a text which says Please Connect to iTunes appears.

Plug the iPhone into Mac or Windows PC. Release the button if you haven’t.
    Run and open iTunes if it’s not already opened yet.
    iTunes will prompt a message that says iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. Click OK.

You will be taken to the iPhone pane. Then, click on Restore.

Wait for the full restoration process to complete, and the iPhone will be back to the original settings state as when it left the manufacturing factory, typically a working phone again if you face any problem, unless it’s hardware related.
    Failing the above and assuming you follow the first recommendation, try resetting and restoring from iCloud.