Thread: Toshiba Satellite P200D laptop screen gone black

Toshiba Satellite P200D laptop screen gone black

I am using Toshiba Satellite P200D laptop from few months. This laptop by default came with windows vista home edition but after that I have tried many OS in it. In order to have efficient graphics for my laptop, I installed drivers in it. But just after it I seen that the laptop screen gone black and am not able to see anything. So please provide me with some hints so that it could resolve the issue and I be able to use the laptop normally and can have graphics support as well.

Re: Toshiba Satellite P200D laptop screen gone black

I tried to understand the problem and I think all this is happening because of unsupported driver that you have installed. What I would recommend is to try to uninstall the same, because either the driver is corrupted or the driver is outdated or might be it is incompatible. So better option in order to recover your laptop is to anyhow remove the driver which you have installed recently, I hope this would work and solve your query. Do reply again.

If you are not able to see anything on your laptop screen then the thing you could do here in order to check what exactly happened with it, you have to plug the external monitor to the laptop. You can do this by connecting the monitor to VGA port provided on your laptop. As you are able get the screen there then uninstall the driver or update the driver as required through device manager. So just try this out and let me know whether it helped you to resolve the problem.

If you are not able to get the screen even on external monitor then might b there is some hardware problem. So for that you need to check or test your laptop for hardware issues. If you are getting the BIOS then your screen is not faulty. But getting BIOS screen doesn’t mean that your laptop is free from hardware issues. There would be definitely some hardware problem that is the actually causing problem in your laptop. So examine for that if you are capable of doing it.

I even doubt this as to be the hardware issue. But you may have a try to solve the actual problem. As you are having multiple OS and if you are getting the BIOS then try to get into the operating system on which you haven’t installed the driver. Once you get into it remove the driver if possible from there and then set the resolution that would fit your screen. I am saying this because if the resolution is set to high then might be it is going out of screen range and you are not able to see the display. So have a look for this also.

I have looked for your configuration and then found that your laptop is having ATI Radeon X1200 graphic card. If you are able to get inside the operating system then you should install the catalyst software so that you could do certain settings for the video card and get the display. I hope you have installed the recommended latest drivers for your laptop. So definitely try for these solutions and then post a reply if you found something strange related to this.

If you having the same issue after trying the above solutions then you should probably go look to test for the hardware of your laptop. If this is not possible with you then you need to contact a hardware expert to solve the same. I know that your laptop have gone quite old so definitely your warranty is expired. So last option stays with you is this only and it would cost you some bucks. At some point I think that the hardware problem with your laptop is because of graphic card. So tell them to have a look on this first.