Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-04-2009

Alienware or Gateway laptop

I am looking for a pretty good gaming system and then came across Alienware laptops. I thought of going for laptop for my gaming machine... would be a nice option. The Alienware laptops look amazingly smart and stylish

But there are also Gateway laptops that I came across. As compared to Alienware, they have better warranty, also the upgrading of hard disk is cheaper in gateway than in Alienware. The service plan options are also good in Gateway.

Inspite of all these, the Alienware lures me much. So wanted to know from some experts if going for Alienware will be nice decision than for Gateway?
Old 14-04-2009

Re: Alienware or Gateway laptop

With all those benefits, I will say go for Gateway. I have read that Gateway's are also pretty good laptops.
Old 14-04-2009

Sounds like you would like something that is a good desktop replacement but is a little bit portable. I would have gone for Gateway considering all those benefits. After those all matter. But you said well, Alienware designs lures a lot
Old 14-04-2009

So you think I should just go with the Gateway?
Also take into account, the Alienware comes with the respawn which restores it to factory settings (or is this pointless as well) !
Old 14-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind Blow View Post
But there are also Gateway laptops that I came across. As compared to Alienware, they have better warranty, also the upgrading of hard disk is cheaper in gateway than in Alienware.
Newer laptops are usually easily upgradeable, i.e. you can remove the hard drive without taking the whole thing apart, unlike the older ones. There shouldn't be any seals to break or anything, so if you have to have it worked on, you can throw the old drive back in, no problem.
Old 14-04-2009

Definitely go with Gateway. Personally I hate... no worse than hate, I completely loathe Gateway. But I would take one of their laptops over a Alienware. Alienware makes some really nice looking stuff. When you buy an Alienware, your buying a label. Its like buying a designer pair of jeans. One reason I recommend gateway is that you know that they arent going anywhere. The company has been around for many many years. Now I am not saying that Alienware isnt a good company, but they cater to a group of people with money to burn.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,