Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-04-2009

avanquest update is used for Sony Erricsson PC Suite Software

Can any user of Sony Erricsson PC Suite software can tell me if Avanquest Update is a part of this mobile phone or not or is it a service update for it? I have tried to find answers from the Sony Ericsson's site but cannot find any? So, if any one knows the use of it and I would be glad, Thank you
Old 13-04-2009

Re: avanquest update is used for Sony Erricsson PC Suite Software

You must have installed a program from the Avanquest website.

The "Avanquest update" sounds like an umbrella updater, used by a number of other Avanquest programs, much like similar auto-updaters from Adobe and Symantec, for example.

So, if you trust the first program, do not remove the "Avanquest update" program. Not sure?

It is some software on your computer like Radiotracker or Greeting card factory. if you are still not sure visit the Avanquest website
Old 13-04-2009

Avanquest update is an updater application installed alongside many Avanquest programs that allows the user to update their software.

Uninstallation Command: RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\50\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{76E41F43-59D2-4F30-BA42-9A762EE1E8DE}\Setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
Old 13-04-2009

I found some information from the web that Avanquest Update IS indeed part of PC Suite of Sony-Ericsson. If you have Sony-Ericsson's software installed in your Add/Remove Programs list dont remove it as it gets uninstalled while removing the Sony Ericsson PC Suite.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,