Thread: MPT Protocol Driver for Philips 30gb gogear

MPT Protocol Driver for Philips 30gb gogear

I think I finally figured out why I can't transfer ablum art to my Philips hdd6330 mp3 player. After sifting through my event viewer, I came across this:"MPT Protocol Driver has detected that, to maintain device responsiveness, the driver 'Philips, Philips PTP device, PP5022AF-05.40-PP07-05.40-MG02-00.01-DT,2.4' does not allow album art to be transferred ((10))."
    That explains my problem...Any idea how to fix it?

Re: MPT Protocol Driver for Philips 30gb gogear

well i cant help you to get MPT Protocol Driver but can be help full if you have something missing
    Go to the sytem Settings menu and go to this option:
    Display Art in Lists
    Enabling this feature displays a small image of the song album cover, audiobook
    cover, and photos when scrolling through list of these items.
    1. Scroll down to Display Art in Lists and select it.
    2. Use thumbwheel to switch between On (enable) and Off (disable).

If changing this option to enable fials to resolve the issue, the solution is a bit painful: You will have to manually add the artwork to each single song within an album in Windows Media Player 11, delete the song that is missing the artwork , and re-add the songs again after you are done manually ediitng the artwork.

Manually add album art (WMP 11)
    1. Run WMP.
    2. Click Library on the top bar.
    3. Select and right-click the file(s) you wish to update and select Advanced Tag Editor.
    4. Click the Picture tab, then click Add.
    5. Navigate to the image you wish to use for album art then click Open.
    6. Click Apply then OK.

Thanks for the reply...Won't help me, though. My player isn't compatible with WMP11. The box in my player's menu is checked for "album art". All my music folders have a 200x200 jpg named Album Art in them. It's the driver that won't allow transfer of album art. I went to device manager in my pc and uninstalled my mp3 player. Then reinstalled it. When I check my event viewer, I get the same message evertime about the album art.

Go to the sytem Settings menu and go to this option:
    Display Art in Lists
    Enabling this feature you will be displayed a small image of the song album cover, audiobook cover, and photos when scrolling through list of these items.

1. Scroll down to Display Art in Lists and select it.
    2. Use thumbwheel to switch between On (enable) and Off (disable).

Changing this option will enable some add-ons to resolve the issue, the solution is a bit painful: You will have to manually add the artwork to each single song within an album in Windows Media Player 11, delete the song that is missing the artwork off your Media player, and re-add the songs again after you are done manually editing the artwork.

If the above solution does not mean to you then Manually add album art (WMP 11)
    1. Run WMP.
    2. Click Library on the top bar.
    3. Select and right-click the file(s) you wish to update and select Advanced Tag Editor.
    4. Click the Picture tab, then click Add.
    5. Navigate to the image you wish to use for album art then click Open.
    6. Click Apply then OK.

AGAIN, my Philips mp3 player doesn't have a scroll wheel, doesn't have the options mentioned, and does NOT support WMP11. My entire music library has album art, that is not the problem. The problem is that the driver for my player won't allow album art to be transferred. I need to know how to get my pc to see my mp3 player as a MTP device not a PTP device so that it will sync album art.

Hi Gang, like many I purchase a Gogear 6330/17 for my son several years ago and like many the darn thing froze up , so I did several thing before I got where I am now , including contact Philips support,of course I reinstall the update but the manager device can t even see it,even got the file to force recongnition Philips V 3 ......yep It show on the pc as a usb unknow .....cute, opened up the device to reset de battery, hoping it would do the trick, anyway like so many of us we upgrade our PC and OS, had to set up a PC just for this device with XP service pack 1 , and multimedia 10 , imagine just finding XP service pack 1 for fun, anyway , so far all I got is a device that only appear as a USB drive storage, trying to install in the device ram a new bios is no easy task,I check in several forum 4 help , just found that I m not the only 1 with a problem with this device , so when I finally got to philips support of course they no longer offer any repair 4 this device , or part, and if you look carefully in the upgrade it for a 6320 .....ok then lets party I figured, I format the device and now its show a storage device in my computer .well all is not lost , what I m trying to do now is to find a program ( because none of philips will work) to install like a multimedia, any suggestion would be appreciated .

I think the software on your Gogear has got corrupted some how and needs to be reinstalled. The software which is installed on the Gogear is responsible for its proper working and detection on the computer. As the software itself has got corrupted, the device is freezing up and is not getting detected on the computer. My suggestion would be to visit the philips service center as the software which needs to installed again on the Go gear is programmed in the ROM which cannot be accessed by you.

Thank you for your input , but Philips dont offer the device program that is or was install, just the upgrade,since my last reply this is where I am now, my philips is now a Xtra storage like HDD , that I name Philips with a 27.9 gb, I m still looking 4 a solution to make this device play MP3, so I need basicly a program like Microsoft mobile to run this device, I wish Philips would just offer any help with their device,I can still dream.

Hi again, well after I sent many email, the reply was to contact consumer service regarding help for this device,the the help I got was the same polite way to tell me to get another MP3 Player to replace this 1 since their is nothing they can do for me, its out of garanty,for those of u who have simular problem what we need is a BIOS to Post the device,( Basic input/output System , and Power On it Self test), in order for the device to start,the rest will manage itseft with the install cd provided by philips, no point trying to get any help from Philips,since the will not offer any support for this device no longer under warranty, fortunatly I have only this device from Philips all 5 others are Zune with a better service and quality,from my experience to all we can benefit from our error , so if u still want to use this device I would suggest a clean format a program from HP that recongnize and device and after this is done u will have a xtra HDD to store any file u wish on ur PC, and small enough to carry with u and connect under any windows version u wish since I use Windows 7 64 bit and others PC are still under Vista 64 bit I feel the need to point out until I can find a suitable Bios to post this device ,I can not use it on its seft.

well Hi again, try this it may help you , I google mysefl a lot of info,and found this helpfull for me , connect your device into the plug without the PC ( have it turn on on XP service pack 1 or 2 no later dont forget it will only work wit media 10 , after the Pc is turn on connect Philips device into it and has the device turn on do this hold the left buttom down while pushing the + volume we all know this to be a soft reset,after it turn off and Philips appear release both buttom and hold the - volume it will appear in the device manager and also claim an error need repair , do the repair, and then the update ,follow the info after it ask to disconnect in order to install the new Bios and update, in my case the battery is dead so the device will always need a plugoutlet to work , I haven t try to load MP3 or picture, this will be my next step.I ll keep u inform.