Thread: Zune won't sync new songs

Zune won't sync new songs

hi,
    I have a zune 80 model and only 16 gb filled out of 80 gb memory, the problem is when i tried to store any movie or songs less than 1 gb it says "reserved space and content from other computers".how do i get rid of this and get my memory space back?Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.

Re: Zune won't sync new songs

If you have ever registered your Zune as a guest on another computer and synced something, and then set the reserved space to Zero, those things will stay on there. You can delete them by going into your Zune from the software and deleting them. Also, items in your Zune's inbox can fill it up if you have allot. You can delete those from the Zune.

1. Start the Zune software, and then connect your Zune device to the computer by using the Zune Sync cable.
    Note If you connect your Zune device to the Zune software as a guest, the storage space setting is unavailable.
    2. After your Zune device establishes a connection to the Zune software, click Settings, click Device, and then click Reserved Space.
    3. Move the Reserved Space slider to the storage space size that you want to use.
    4. Click the center of the Zune pad.

All that "reserved space" is stuff you got when you logged in as a "guest" on other computers, or you did the old handy "forget this device" trick which I pretty much do every time I sync so stuff doesn't get deleted off my Zune when I remove it from my library. If you do the "forget this device" thing in SETTINGS->DEVICE->SYNC OPTIONS ...the sync relationship is forgotten and all the stuff you have on your Zune takes up what it then knows as "reserved space". It's not like it's reserving space that's empty... this is space taken up by stuff in your Zune. If you want it back, simply start deleting stuff off your Zune you don't want any more.