Thread: How do I get movies on my Zune?

How do I get movies on my Zune?

hi,
    I have a Zune 80 with the software update. I was wondering how to get full length movies ripped on to the software. when I tried to transfer some movies from my computer to the zune, it wouldn't let me do it. Is there a way? any help is much appreciated.thanks.

Re: How do I get movies on my Zune?

hi,
    You need to convert those videos from .avi into a .wmv file. Try buying total video converter, it's the program I used. So far to my experience, it's the best one yet.

your Zune can support 4 video formats, H.264, WMV, ASF and MPEG-4 video,The simplest option is to purchase music videos, Pixar short films, or select TV episodes via a music store such as iTunes or the Zune marketplace. Such online music stores usually give you the option of browsing, previewing and in case if you like them, downloading it.

You need an additional piece of software to rip the DVDs you own. I’ve found that the best piece of software is ImTOO Zune Converter Suite. Now, converting DVDs takes a long time depending on the length of the movie, and the conversion process does take quite a bit of computing power, i.e., it slows everything else down. When I do conversions, I generally schedule for a time when I’m ready to break away from the computer for an hour or so and just let the conversion process run to completion.