Thread: Increase memory of Asus EEE PC

Increase memory of Asus EEE PC

I have a Asus EEE PC, model no 701. As you all might be know it has only 8 Gb of memory. I am facing many problems due to memory issue, specially when you opted for the Windows XP version.

Do you have any idea or suggestions how can increase its memory ?

Re: Increase memory of Asus EEE PC

Well, i can suggest you some tips to solve your problem..

Flash Drives
    Because technology is every changing, there are now many cheap USB drives or flash drives available. The advantage of flash drives is you can easily move your files from one PC to another and some Flash drives nowadays are wearable so you won’t need to worry about losing it.

Online Backup
    There are many Online Backup sites on the web, one which I recommend using is ibackup.com. For as low as $9.95 per month you can get an online storage space without lugging any portable media with you.

Since the Asus EEE PC is called a “net pc” I’m sure you won’t have problems connecting to the Internet. Some of the features of ibackup.com includes backup scheduling, easy drag and drop solution, create subfolders within folders, encrypted data transfer, resume function when data transfer is interrupted, allows sharing, has proxy support, and has the ability to map your online storage account as a local drive.

The Asus EEE PC supports memory cards or SD cards. With memory cards as well as flash drives, you’re only limited to 4-8GB of storage space since I think that’s the highest capacity available nowadays, without burning a hole in your pocket. One main advantage is that memory cards can be easily transferred from one device to another so if you have a digital camera, MP3 player, or PDA that supports memory card, you can transfer your files easily.

The main disadvantage of portable hard drives is that they’re a lot more expensive than memory cards or flash drives plus they’re not as portable. The main advantage however is that you’re not limited to having 4-8GB of storage space but your available space can go as high up as 250 – 320GB.

good suggestions guys. Atleast i can feel little bit comfortable with these ideas..

Thanks for the help..

Quote Originally Posted by aalbaiz View Post
    I have a Asus EEE PC, model no 701. As you all might be know it has only 8 Gb of memory. I am facing many problems due to memory issue, specially when you opted for the Windows XP version.

Do you have any idea or suggestions how can increase its memory ?
    I have the ASUS EEE pc that has only 2 gigs of memory. My issue is that with little activity such as audio editing I get low memory warning and it drops down alot. I used to have about 325 megs then I installed GOOGLE Chrome and its dropped to like 150 megs. Would an external hard drive of like 320 gigs help with operating memory (ram) or am I going to be stuck with this computer toy?

Thanks!
    ...Pierre...