Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2009

Sony Ericsson C905 Camera Fault with R1DA032 Software

I'm with O2 and just had the latest software installed following a 'Music Failed' fault, which seems now to be OK.

When using the camera and after taking a picture, the Send to either 'As Picture Message' or 'To Web Site' menu comes up before pressing the select button in the center of the navigation key. Before the repair this worked as it should and you could view the picture taken without the menu obscuring the photo, then if you wanted to send it you pressed the select button to bring up the menu.

I've contacted Sony Ericsson who responds with standard negative replies

Has anyone suffered the same or does anyone know how it can be corrected please.
Old 09-04-2009

Re: Sony Ericsson C905 Camera Fault with R1DA032 Software

Ok, first thing is to try a hard reset - everything not just settings. Make sure you back up first!!

Next is more of a question - do you find the phone is selecting things for you in other screens other than just the camera?
Old 09-04-2009

Thanks for that. Every thing else seems fine it's just that little bug with the camera. I'm waiting for Sony Ericsson to come back again as I'm trying to get them to commit to doing something positive instead of passing me off with standard replies, don't think I'll succeed somehow.

They don't need to see the phone as the problem has been described to them in detail and they have confirmed that 'this is a feature of the handset that cannot be changed' which is incorrect as it didn't work that way with the previous software. Therefore by that statement they obviously understand the problem also the phone has been seen by O2 who confirmed that it should not operate that way.

Thanks,
Old 09-04-2009

Of course they need to see the phone, no company will commit to any sort of decision by way of a couple of e-mails.

It doesn't matter how good or bad your description is, you're not an SE-certified engineer.

And it also doesn't matter what they say in an O2 shop either.
For a start, those people are barely qualified to put in a SIM card, let alone comment on software problems. Secondly, you've updated the software on your handset so even if it works differently to the ones they have in stock, that doesn't mean it's faulty.
Old 09-04-2009

Just got back from a nice little break to find Sony Ericsson sent an e.mail confirming the problem described is known to them and is down to network customization, they said I could send the phone to them for a generic version of the firmware. Hopefully this will solve the problem. Seems O2 were right too.

Will let you know.
Old 09-04-2009

You realise that the two things you've said are mutually-exclusive?
If the 'fault' is due to network customisation, then O2 are incorrect in stating that the phone is faulty - it's their messing around with the software that has caused the problem.
Old 09-04-2009

Got the phone back with the generic firmware and it works perfect. At least up to yet.

Thanks for the help

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , ,