Thread: Nokia : USB Data Transfer Mode "Memory card is use by another Application"

Nokia : USB Data Transfer Mode "Memory card is use by another Application"

Hi,

I'm using Nokia 5300, when ever i connects my mobile via USB cable to my PC in Data transfer mode, it says "Memory card is Use by Another Application ". What that means? how can i make it working again?
    Nokia Mode connection works perfectly. But this DATA transfer mode not working.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Nokia : USB Data Transfer Mode "Memory card is use by another Application"

This means that some other app is currently accessing your memory card... To fix it turn your phone off and then switch it back again after 2-5 minutes! This will solve the problem!

Another way is to find a memory card reader and plugin the memory card to it and transfer the files over...that's the easiest way to do it.

Uninstall (on the phone, using App.mgr) which ever software is locking access to your memory card.

Most likely it is one of the apps you have installed to the memory card (you'll recognize them in App.mgr by the little memory card icon).

Uninstall those one by one until you find the application causing you trouble (it might not appear on the active list of running apps, if it has a background service that can even start up automatically when you turn on the phone).