Thread: Freaky Laptop Problem Need Help

Freaky Laptop Problem Need Help

I have a acer travelmate and basically what happening is that when I try to turn on the computer windows doesn't boot up it just brings me to the countdown where i can choose to boot from safe mode and all that stuff. Now the really weird thing is , this only happens when I am in certain area's. Like if iam at my house it works fine. The second i go to my friends house 4 or 5 miles down the road the laptop is dead.Will not boot up and its not a coincidence , I've tried this endless amount of times , 17times at my place works fine 100% , at my friends 20 - 30 times 0% never turns on. So I figured no big deal but now that i moved out of the city it doesn't work where I am but will work if I go into town. What would cause this ???? I've tried disabling all the wireless transmissions like IR , WIFI , Bluetooth right in the BIOS. Tried running the laptop without the battery , with the battery , plugged in , not plugged. Tried reformatting it as well , nothing. What could it possibly be ??????? Anyone have any idea's cause I'm gonna start to believe that my laptop haunted.

Re: Freaky Laptop Problem Need Help

Thread Moved.

it just brings me to the countdown where i can choose to boot from safe mode and all that stuff.
    So just choose the normal bootup. have you tried booting in safe mode? whats your problem actually? never bootup? You should also concerned with the service center of you laptop company.

That the problem it won't boot up with any mode in certain area's and in other area's it works fine no problems. I did contact the acer that were speechless.

This sounds more like an empty battery. Try using a different AC Adaptor, maybe the laptop doesn't get any power from AC Adaptor. Or the AC connector maybe broke. Maybe try a fully charged battery from another laptop.

Possibly. But another thing i did was turn on the laptop at my house booted up windows. Got in my car left the laptop one in the passenger seat. As soon as I pulled up close to my buddies house it turned off and restart windows and then i was unable to start it back up again. I wouldn't really care but now that I moved its doing the same thing where i live now and its unusable. How would the battery cause that ?

Really Freaky Problem I have never heard of such problem ever and never could have believed this. Sounds really surprising! Looks like the laptop wants to work like a desktop only, so is not working at other places

Well, all I can guess is that, it must be the problem of your OS and not the laptop. Since your laptop is turning on but its the OS that is not booting up. Which OS you are using? If this is a new laptop, ask the dealer the reason for this. Get the OS installed from another CD. Maybe that will help. Otherwise your laptop surely seems to be haunted