Thread: Microsoft Kinect forces old Xbox 360 to restart

Microsoft Kinect forces old Xbox 360 to restart

I recently got my new Microsoft kinect set up with elite that I earlier had, kinect was working fine till yesterday but suddenly it stopped working mid game and even my Xbox got restarted then, there were no red lights it looked as its switch on again I tried switching off the device and restarting it again but still the problem arises and can’t find a way on my own so can anyone please guide me through this your guide can help me thanking you.

Re: Microsoft Kinect forces old Xbox 360 to restart

I read your problem and it seems that you are new user to Microsoft kinect I would like help you with your problem, as u said that your Xbox gets restarted after using kinect as there might not be a big problem to this I would suggest you to recheck all the connections in case you have any doubt then you can go through the manual, on the device after doing all the connections see if it’s working properly or not. Hope my suggestion helps you in solving your issue.

It seems that you are having similar problem that I had earlier, as you mention that you are having the old version of Xbox360 the old version of Xbox has the old firmware that doesn’t support Microsoft kinect, kinect won’t work with the old version of your Xbox360 it needs upgraded version of firmware to get it run I would suggest you to update the firmware of your Xbox360 and try using kinect then after I’m sure it will work properly.

I’m really thankful to you for providing me the above information but as I tried out the first solution checking all the connections, even reconnecting seeing manual it worked well for a day but the problem raised again on the second day I even tried updating the firmware of my Xbox 360 as suggested in the second solution but I don’t know how to update its firmware I tried to find out it in the given manual but its not given there so can you please guide me in how to update the firmware of my Xbox360

Here are certain steps that you need to take for updating the firmware of Xbox360
    • First connect your Xbox 360 console to the Internet and make sure it does not gets disconnect.
    • Then On the console, go to My Xbox, and then click on System Settings.
    • There you will see Network Settings click on it.
    • The next option would be Wired Network or the connection name of your wireless network, if you are ask to do so.
    • click on Test Xbox LIVE Connection.
    • Select Yes if you are prompted to update the software of your console
    • This will update the firmware of your Xbox360.
    • Now you can surely be able to use Microsoft kinect on your newly updated Xbox360.