Thread: An Application to Watch Free Live TV on 3G iPhone

An Application to Watch Free Live TV on 3G iPhone

The French carrier Orange has an application for the iPhone 3G presented to users for free live TV to watch. The app works via the 3G network of the telco. A Dutch TV application is not, says T-Mobile.

The live television images are played in the application. Due to copyright the images may be streamed over the 3G network of Orange and not through wifi, reports Journal du Geek. The application offers controlled access to French broadcasters.

T-Mobile, the iPhone 3G sold in the Netherlands is no live TV application to make, says spokeswoman Priscilla Tomasoa. "We're working on the Internet. Creating applications we do not that we are to others." T-Mobile offers, like Orange, long live TV through their 3G network, but the iPhone can not use network services.

The French program in portrait mode a list of TV channels, which are in landscape mode changes to a station gallery. Orange delivers 256kbps streams, but only to cover the Edge network, the signal supplied to 50kbps. It is unclear when the application in the App Store appears. There have been several applications for live TV on the iPhone to admire, but this is the first time that a provider-TV services via the device offers. Orange, the iPhone in France until next month exclusive sales, then alternative providers Apple smartphone offering.

Orange sells the iPhone except the HTC Dream Android device exclusively in France. Sources at Orange would have confirmed that there are two major updates for Android will appear. According to this rumor is the Cupcake' update, including an on-screen keyboard Android phones will, from late April. About half major update, which would appear a month later, is still unknown.

Orange has big plans for Android. Orange would still sell Android mobile phones from LG, Motorola, Samsung and Sony Ericsson. The next Android Mobile Orange would be the HTC Hero, the pink-Android phone as early as January.

Re: An Application to Watch Free Live TV on 3G iPhone

That means we have to make use of the French network? otherwise we can't get it !!

Nowhere, because the iPhone does not 3GP or WMV streams can display. Most other modern equipment can do. If I could for about 2 years ago live TV via Orange on my SE K800. 3G connection was fast enough.

Orange will not be the only one (were) that this offer.

Well I think that no real opportunity maker. Home PC with a TV card must be enabled, desktop software to be installed (and probably) I have at first been no TV tuner card in my PC (got a macmini ) And had a PC, I have no TV tuner card for the PC to my iPhone to watch TV!
    No, with a App on my iPhone.

So can I or can I not watch TV on my Iphone because that would be worth a spot on every best Iphone applications list out there, if you ask me. Would be great to kill some time by watching some tv shows while waiting for something.

Yes, you can watch tv on your iphone, see the demonstration here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKj5JPkGv8c