Thread: New Dell Adam with non-replaceable battery

New Dell Adam with non-replaceable battery

"To replace the battery in the new Adam Dell will need to seek technical assistance"

Tomorrow, March 26 will begin the marketing of Dell notebook Adam 13 to which we have devoted a short study here. A few hours after this event that reveals more details in this case does not meet the favor of the public.

Indeed, the new Dell laptop at home does not allow the user to replace the battery in the computer, the battery pack will be an integral part of the chassis and the replacement will be necessary to seek technical assistance from Dell. Currently no known characteristics of the battery and the cost of replacement.

The reported problem is twofold, in fact, in the case of an extreme mobility could be useful for the user to buy a second battery that you can use to replace exhausted. Moreover, with a minimum of foresight, batteries for laptops typically have a life less than that of the same pc and it is possible to replace that component after 1 or two years, depending on the use and care taken by the user. This operation in the case of the new Adam Dell, it seems, will not be possible.

Re: New Dell Adam with non-replaceable battery

I really do not understand that reasoning can lead to non-replaceable battery. Dell has always been very attentive to the voice of customer, I wonder who made this choice ...

At this point, in my view, Dell should recognize a warranty on the battery as an integral part of the circuits of notebook and not as a component subject to consumption! If it were not so and the battery was a component subject to wear should at least allow the replacement without charge of labor.

In my precision, I was able to mount the bluetooth module itself and for the sake I did drive over the phone from them. Although this is a fairly simple operation, I imagine that replacing the battery is still more, then maybe there will be no need for their technical assistance, and "learn" maybe just a phone call ... (and clearly will not be so easy for all users). The phrase "integral part of the chassis is a little shaky though. Hopefully well, many would lose the Dell in this way, at least on my part!