| || |
Join Date: May 2008
Re: Epson Stylus DX5050 printing problem
Please follow the instructions below to ensure correct installation:
- Lower the printer's output tray and open the top cover.
- Connect the power cable to the printer. And switch on the printer.
The print heads will now move to the replacement position. If they do not move to a change position press the Red ink button on the printer.
- Lift up the ink cartridge clamps.
- Before you open the new ink cartridge package, shake it four or five times. Then remove it from the package.
Do not touch the green chip on the side of the cartridge. This can damage the ink cartridge.
- Remove the yellow tape from the bottom of the ink cartridge.
You must remove the yellow tape from the cartridge before installing it; otherwise, print quality may decline or you may not be able to print.
If you have installed an ink cartridge without removing the yellow tape, take the cartridge out of the product remove the yellow tape, and then reinstall it.
Do not remove the transparent seal from the bottom of the cartridge or the label on the cartridge; otherwise the cartridge may become unusable or ink will leak.
- Place the ink cartridge into the cartridge holder with the bottom down. Then push down the ink cartridge until it clicks into place.
Repeat steps 4 to 6 for each ink cartridge.
- Close the ink cartridge cover and press it until it clicks into place
If you find it difficult to close the cartridge cover, make sure all the cartridges are firmly seated. Press down on each cartridge until you hear it click into place. Do not attempt to force the cover closed.
- Close the printer cover and press the ink or start button to begin charging the system. Charging can take up to three minutes and is complete when the power light stops flashing.
While the ink system is charging do not switch off the printer.