Thread: HP G72 259wm is unable to recover

HP G72 259wm is unable to recover

I have a computer at home which actually accidently got crashed. After sometime, the screen came up back after crashing but it gave me an error message saying that the harddisk not found. I don’t know what has happened. So I decided to order the recovery disks from the HP. They told me that I have to pay $60 for it. I can only press few buttons. I have the System Recovery disks 1 & 2, and the application and driver recovery dvd. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don’t what to do now.

Re: HP G72 259wm is unable to recover

I have a solution for you. I have gone through your query properly and now I think you should follow these steps. I have mentioned it below.
    • Firstly, keep the computer on to put system recovery disk 1 in the tray.
    • Then Turn the computer off.
    • After that turn the computer on. It should boot from the CD without problems, if the BIOS is set so.
    • If it still tries to boot from the hard disk then turn the machine off and on again, when machine starts there on the first page you must press f2 button so that you can enter into the BIOS setup then find where the boot sequence is defined and change it so it boots from cd first. Then exit the BIOS setup. Make sure first you save and then you are exiting. The PC will reboot.
    • Follow the prompts to reinstall the OS from the CD.
    • Repeat #2, #3 and #5 to install the other CD's.
    I hope this method works.

I quite agree with the first method mentioned above but let me tell you that It is possible that the install of the first CD might fail with an error message about the hard disk. If it fails then I would recommend you to replace hard disk. If still the problem persists then I think you must replace the whole motherboard. I hope it helps.

I would say that try this which I have mentioned bellow to recover. Click the start button and enter the recovery which is there in the search field. After that just select the recovery manager option from the list to open the hp recovery manager window. Then just keep proceeding. Then click advanced options, select recovery disc creation and then click next. The program might get paused for sometime as it is examining the pc and calculating the number of dvd-r or dvd+r discs are required. If you get a prompt then enter a blank cd in the drive and try to follow the instructions to create recovery discs. I am sure that this will help you to resolve the issue of yours. After all of the recovery discs are created, just try to label the discs and store them in a safe place. If the recovery discs fail during the creation then you can order replacement recovery discs from HP.

Let me tell you that you can use recovery disc to restore the PC by following the steps below.
    • First, try to insert the recovery disc in the drive and start the computer. If the computer is running then just insert the recovery disc and immediately click Start and select Restart to force the computer to start from the recovery disc.
    • If you are prompted then try to press any key to boot from CD or DVD
    • Let the recovery disc to start and load the required files while the Microsoft loading screen is displayed. It would take some time to load files
    • When HP Recovery Manager Window displays then try to click System recovery.
    • Then I would say that kindly follow the instructions

I would suggest you call the hp customer support and ask them to guide you on this. They are experts and they will resolve your problem very nicely. I hope this helps.