Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-03-2009

Scanner Problem

I have a computer having installed Windows XP.........! & I installed the Epson driver V 5.5.51 for scanner but I am unable to use the software.The programme indicates that I am now using Twain 5 but when I click on acquire I receive the message "Error opening data source."

I have tried to re-install with the scanner unplugged and then plugged.

Has anybody experienced a similar problem for I cannot find any pages on the Epson web site covering this type of query.
Old 24-03-2009

Re: Scanner Problem

Scanners are sometimes troublesome if drivers aren't pre-installed. Did you install the Epson software on to your XP machine prior to plugging the scanner in ?

Is Presto Page Manager XP compatible ?

Do you have any other software that does see the scanner as a twain device ?

Does Epson smartpanel work ?

Provide you can verify Presto is XP compatible I would:-

Unplug scanner.
Uninstall the Epson software/drivers etc. Reboot.
Install Epson software/drivers again.
Re-plug the scanner.
Old 24-03-2009

Which Scanner you using??
Old 24-03-2009

I have a Epson All In One. I can scan and print but it won't scan to the computer. I have un-installed and re-installed but to no avail. I sometimes get the message "unspecified error while copying picture". Other times it says something like the bar that travels is locked, not sure of the exact wording. It was ok until I went from 98 to xp.

ANY IDEAS......!
Old 24-03-2009

You may need to go to Epson's website and download drivers specific to XP.

How old is the scanner?
Old 24-03-2009

The scanner is not even a year yet. There must be something wrong in the comunication between the computer and the printer because when I print something from the computer a message comes up saying "the document can't be printed", but it does print.
Old 24-03-2009

It really does sound as if you need new drivers. You can get them from by clicking here

On the first drop down box select the product type... in your case 'All in one'... then select your model number from the second box... then XP in the third box.

Not many manufacturers will provide drivers for older operating systems now on the CD in the box.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: